Starting this weekend, the Heritage Museums and Gardens will be hosting their annual Rhododendron Festival from May 19th – May 29th.
At the exposition, you’ll be able to see over 100 varieties of rhododendrons, take photos in the gorgeous blossoms, and take a self-guided walking tour to see the beautiful flowers and learn about plant care.
There will also be a plant sale where you can take home a special plant (or plants!) of your own. In addition, there is a special portion for children and families to learn about the plants.
While you’re at the gardens, all of the rhododendron-focused activities are free, so long as you have museum admission or a membership. It is recommended that you buy tickets in advance, though it is not required. Entry for members is free, and for non-members, adult tickets are $22 and children’s are $12.
Each day, the gardens will be open from 10am – 4:30pm and tickets are date-specific.
Here is what is included in your ticket:
– The gardens (All gardens including the Otherworldly exhibit, opening in late May)
– Hidden Hollow
– The Special Exhibitions Gallery, featuring the Creating Cape Cod exhibit
– The J.K. Lilly III Automobile Gallery, featuring the From Carriage to Classic: How Automobiles Transformed America with highlights from the – – – Creating Cape Cod exhibit
– The American Art & Carousel Gallery, featuring Heritage Highlights exhibit
– Wampanoag Wetu & Garden, and Wampanoag Mush8n (coming in late July)
– Lilly’s Cafe
– The Shop at Heritage
Check out this site for more info!