GENERAL CONTEST RULES FOR PLYMOUTH ROCK BROADCASTING CO., INC.
d/b/a WPLM-FM & WPLM-AM
The following General Contest Rules (the “Rules) apply to all contests, promotions, giveaways, and/or games (“Promotion” or “Promotions”) operated or conducted by Plymouth Rock Broadcasting Co., Inc., d/b/a WPLM-FM & WPLM-AM (the “Stations”), live on-air, online, by text or in person. Some Promotions will have additional rules beyond those stated herein, which will be noted in specific Official Rules of that particular Promotion (“Official Rules”). By participating in a Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the Rules and any Official Rules for the particular Promotion, and to sign the Stations’ Winner’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release Agreement (the “Release”) prior to receiving their prize or any benefit deriving there from.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER A
PROMOTION OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM THE
STATIONS WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL,
STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID
1. If you are not a legal resident of the United States or you are not at least 18 years of age as of time of entry, you are not eligible for the Promotion. Employees, contractors, officers and directors of Stations, its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors, advertising, promotional and/or judging agencies, any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service and members of the immediate families (spouse and biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible for any Promotion.
2. STATIONS WILL BE THE SOLE ARBITER IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY, THE VALIDITY OF PROMOTION ENTRIES, AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ALL APPLICABLE RULES. ALL DECISIONS BY STATIONS WILL BE FINAL AND MAY NOT BE APPEALED. ENTRY INTO PROMOTION CONSTITUTES AGREEMENT BY ENTRANTS TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND ANYOTHER RULES ESTABLISHED BY THE STATIONS.
How to Enter/How to Win
3. Entrants are eligible to win only one Promotion every 30 days. Unless otherwise stated, the Stations accept only one entry per person. By entering any Promotion, the Entrant agrees to abide by all applicable rules and the Stations’ decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Stations reserve the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entrant at any time in the Stations’ sole discretion. The Stations also reserve the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value as determined by the Stations.
4. For a Promotion that requires qualification, listeners may qualify only once, unless otherwise specified.
5. Depending upon the type of Promotion, the means of entry, and the entry information provided/required, the Stations may notify potential winners of such by phone, by email, by text message, by direct message or public post on social media network, by mail, and/or in person, as
applicable. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately at the time the Stations’ call, transmit, text, message, mail, or otherwise communicate such notification. The Stations will only be required to leave one voicemail message, send one email, send one text message, send one direct message on social media, make one public posting on social media, and/or send one letter to qualify as valid notice. The Stations reserve the right, but not the obligation, to attempt to contact any winner more than once, in their sole and absolute discretion, and will not be required to attempt to contact winners an equal number of times or in the same manner. The Stations are not responsible for attempting notice at any number, address, social media handle other than those provided by the winner.
6. During an on-air Promotion, in the event of a dropped call, telephone line or mobile phone malfunction, or phone disconnection for any reason, the decision of the Stations’ management will be final. Under the Stations’ discretion, the next caller in line may be taken and awarded the prize.
7. If a Promotion includes any on-air component, online listeners to the Stations’ Today’s Easy 99.1 web stream may experience a reception delay. Listening to the Stations’ over-the-air broadcasts is normally the best way to participate in a Promotion.
8. In specific circumstances, entrants may also register to win prizes on the Stations’ website. Unless otherwise stated, winners of the various Promotions are chosen randomly from all eligible entrants. The Stations are not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties, or other technological issues. All online entries must be filled out completely.
9. The Stations are not responsible for, nor shall have liability for, the winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall the Stations be liable for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
10. Online entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Only one online entry per person is allowed per valid email address.
11. The Stations, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Stations’ website or related mass media outlets, or who appear in anyway to be otherwise in violation of the rules, including but not limited to the use of multiple telephones and/or multiple names during a call-in Promotion. The Stations further reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or modify any Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned including, but not limited to, the infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures of any kind, or any act they perceive in any way as a violation of any rule/rules contained herein.
12. The Stations are not obligated to notify any entrants and/or winners of disqualification from the Promotion or forfeiture of the prize.
13. Entrants must provide truthful information, and the Stations will reject, in their sole discretion, any entry that they discover, or perceive, to be false or fraudulent, or in violation of the rules contained herein. The Stations will also delete any online entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 18. Failure to comply with the Rules and any other applicable rules will result in an entrant’s disqualification.
14. For the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt within 60 days following the end of the Promotion to the attention of “Promotion Winner Lists” at the following address – Plymouth Rock Broadcasting Co., Inc. d/b/a WPLM-FM/AM, 17 Columbus Road, Plymouth, MA, 02360. Please be sure to specify the name of the Promotion for which you are requesting the rules or winners list. Official rules and winner lists (when completed) shall be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Stations and may be posted online at https://www.easy991.com.
15. All prizes and prize certificates under $600 in value will be sent to winners via U.S. mail within 7 days, after the return of an executed copy of the Release and identification as specified herein, unless otherwise noted to contest winners.
16. The Stations may, in their sole discretion, mandate that any/all winners pick up their prize at Plymouth Rock Broadcasting Co., Inc. d/b/a WPLM-FM/AM, 17 Columbus Road, Plymouth, MA, 02360, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm, unless otherwise instructed.
17. Prizes will be released ONLY to the winner after said winner has provided a current, valid, government photo identification and a signed Release. A copy of the Release is available on the Stations’ website, www.easy991.com. Unless in-person pick up is required, the Release may be downloaded and signed by winner, and scanned copies returned to the Stations by email address specified by the Stations, along with copies of the requested photo identification. The Stations reserve the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding a prize based on the identification presented.
18. All prizes must be claimed within sixty (60) days of official notification that the prize is available to be claimed. Prizes unclaimed after sixty (60) days of notification will be forfeited. Alternate methods of picking up prizes may be determined, in certain situations, by the Stations, at their sole discretion. However, required presentation of the winner’s photo identification and signed Release, as mentioned herein, will be necessary for release of the prize. The Stations are not responsible for lost, stolen or forfeited prizes.
19. Prizes are non-transferable.
20. Stations’ listeners who win prizes may NOT substitute prizes with another prize or cash. Further, should a prize become unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Stations’ control, the Stations may, under their sole discretion, furnish a substitute prize.
21. Entrants winning a prize or prizes valued at over $600.00 or more in a calendar year will be subject to any and all federal, state and local taxes, as applicable. In addition to the items herein, an IRS Form W-9 will be required to be signed and delivered to the Stations in this event, before release of a prize to a winner. Failure to submit a completed W-9 (or equivalent) within 60 days of winning will result in forfeiture of the prize.
22. The Stations are not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. Prizes may be fulfilled by a third-party fulfillment sponsor. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE STATIONS DO NOT MAKE (AND ARE NOT RESPONSILBE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
23. In the event that the winner of a Promotion cannot use or claim a prize, they will forfeit their prize. A substitute prize will not be provided. Other Rules that May Apply to Promotions
24. All Promotions entries become the property of the Stations. The Stations may retain any and all contest materials, both written, visual images and audio, for any reason that the Stations’ management deems crucial to the completion of the contest for Federal Communications Commission purposes, or for any reasons relating to the programming, publicity, or advertising of the Stations.
25. By participating in any Promotion of the Stations, the entrants, the winner, or winners,
agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any and all advertising or broadcasting
materials relating to the Promotion, without additional compensation.
26. By entering a contest, the entrants understand that the Stations may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any entrant’s entry and/or performance. All entrants recognize that any entry may result in notoriety, publicity, ridicule, scorn, and/or indignity. Entrants waive any right to make any claim against the Stations with respect to any comments, disparaging or otherwise made regarding the entrant and/or his/her entry, entry materials, performance, voice, appearance, participation, and/or any other information provided or disclosed to the Stations and any claimed damages resulting therefrom.
27. The Stations reserve the right to make changes in the Rules and any other applicable rules, at any time and at their sole discretion, which will become effective upon announcement by the Stations on-air or via web posting.
28. In the case of a grand prize drawing from qualifying winners, the Stations will make every attempt to contact the randomly selected grand prize winner, unless otherwise specified in the Rules, by phone to notify them of their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted in a timely manner (to be determined by the Stations), another grand prize winner will be randomly selected. Duplicated prizes will not be awarded.
29. For the Official Rules of a Promotion, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by the end of the Promotion to Plymouth Rock Broadcasting Co., Inc., WPLM-FM/AM, 17 Columbus Road, Plymouth, MA, 02360, ATTN: Promotion Rules.
30. Trip Prize Conditions: Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Stations’ discretion or their third-party sponsor’s (“Sponsor”) discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner(s) and guest(s). Travel for the trip awarded must take place on and/or within the designated dates and is subject to schedule and availability, alternative travel dates will not be provided. If the winner(s) is unavailable for travel on the designated dates, the prize will be forfeited and may or may not be awarded to an alternate winner(s) at the sole discretion of the Stations or Sponsor. Exact travel dates and arrangements may be subject to availability whether specified or not. Winner and travel guest(s) must travel on same itinerary. If the trip requires traveling outside the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected, in the Stations’ or Sponsor’s sole discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of the Stations or Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to the trip destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at the Stations’ or Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the winner. Neither the Sponsor nor the Stations shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution, or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers, or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information will be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Winner(s) and guest(s) will be required to complete and return the applicable forms and releases in the sole discretion of the Stations and/or Sponsors. Winner(s) must sign a prize acceptance form, provide the information for their travel guest(s) which must be at least of the legal age of majority in their state, a W-9 form, an affidavit or verification of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by both the winner and travel guest(s), unless guest(s) in under the age of 18, at which point, the guest’s(s) parent or guardian will sign the release form on their behalf, in the sole discretion of the Stations and/or Sponsors. Winner(s) and guest(s) are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that neither the Stations nor the Sponsor have nor will obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen, or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Stations reserve the right to determine an alternate winner in their sole discretion. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Any and all airport transfers, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, travel insurance, and applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state, and federal taxes) and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. If, for any reason, any part of the trip package is canceled or shall become unavailable, postponed, or canceled, the Stations shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize and the prize will be awarded without the inclusion of the item on the same itinerary. If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as part of this prize package and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond the sole control of the Stations or Sponsor, does not occur, the Stations will not be responsible for replacing that portion of the prize and are not required to provide an alternate prize. The Stations are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, or stolen luggage. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon, and seat locations are as solely determined by the Stations or the Sponsor. Neither the Stations nor the Sponsor are responsible for any travel delays, flight cancellations, or other difficulties. If travel delays, cancellations, or other difficulties prevent arrival in time for any and all elements of trip, the Sponsor and the Stations are not responsible for awarding any compensation, prize or benefit in lieu thereof. Any changes to completed travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed as stated in the prize notification or otherwise stated in any applicable rules. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of the Stations or the Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by the Stations’ or the Sponsor’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert, or event venues etc. Winner and guest(s) must comply with all applicable laws, and any rules and regulations established by the Stations’ or Sponsor’s prize partner(s), if any; such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert, or event venues etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNER(S) ACCEPT THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN ANY TRAVEL OR TRANSPORTATION, SUCH RISK INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE
EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR AND RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.