If you’re looking for ways to celebrate Easter in your community this year, boy do we have suggestions for you! There are so many events going on this season, so we’re going to highlight some of them for you here.
Where to See the Easter Bunny
If you’re wanting to bring the family to see the Easter Bunny, here are some places where you can do so:
- April 3: Kingston Collection Bunny Cares
- The Kingston Collection is partnering with Autism Speaks to host an event where children within every spectrum of special needs can have a private photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny. The event itself is free, though you will have to purchase your photo packages after the session is over. You can reserve your time slot here.
- April 9: Breakfast with the Easter Bunny
- Dave and Busters in Braintree will be hosting a breakfast where you can enjoy a breakfast buffet and also have the opportunity to take photos with the Easter Bunny. They have two tickets available: the first one allows you entry to the buffet, photos with the Easter Bunny, and a voucher for the arcade, and the second gives you access to the buffet and photos. You can view and purchase tickets with this link.
- April 10: Easter Bunny and Pony Rides at the Farm for the Jimmy Fund
- Pony Town Parties in East Bridgewater is hosting an Easter celebration this year for families where you’ll be able to visit the Easter Bunny and take photos. There will also be opportunities for pony rides, a petting zoo, arts and crafts, coloring, music and dancing, and each child will receive a gift as well. This is not only a great photo opportunity, but a great place to bring your family and community together. Even better, all proceeds from the event will go to the Jimmy Fund/DFCI. Tickets will not be sold at the door and must be purchased here.
- April 16: Easter Extravaganza at Starland
- From 10-12pm, Starland in Hanover will be hosting an exciting Easter event for families. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in an Easter egg hunt, color and decorate an Easter bag, play on inflatables, and take photos with the Easter Bunny. You’ll also have the opportunity to purchase discounted Starland Value Cards. After 12pm, the Fun Park at Starland will open and the inflatables will remain open as well. Follow this link to purchase tickets.
Easter Egg Hunts for the Family
One of the most quintessential ways to celebrate Easter is by participating in an Easter Egg Hunt. This season, there are Easter Egg Hunts going on across Massachusetts and Rhode Island leading up to the holiday, so we’re going to highlight a few for you.
- April 9: East Providence Egg Hunt & Family Festival
- For our Rhode Island listeners, there will be an Easter event with an Egg Hunt, bounce houses, crafts, games, and the Easter Bunny will make an appearance as well. In addition to the event in East Providence, they will also be hosting in Warren and Riverside as well. For more information, visit this page.
- April 9: Easter Egg Hunt
- If you live on The Cape, check out the Cape Cod Mall’s Easter Egg hunt. More information can be found here.
- April 9: Abington Lions Easter Egg Hunt
- If you’re on the South Shore, there will be an Easter Egg Hunt at the Abington Dog Park from 10-1pm. Here is the event’s Facebook page.
- April 10: Easter Egg Hunt (Plymouth YMCA)
- In Plymouth, the YMCA is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt from 2:30-3pm in addition to crafts, face painting, games, photos with the Easter Bunny, and more! For OCY Family Members and Redbrook Residents, the event is free, and for nonmembers, tickets are $20 per family. For more information and to purchase tickets, follow this link.
- April 16: Easter Egg Hunt at Moonrise Cinemas
- Moonrise Cinemas in Plymouth will also be hosting an event the day before Easter. Starting at 11am, there will be brunch, games, activities, and cocktails. An egg hunt will begin at 12:30pm, and families can spend their afternoon there for games, listening to music, and food. At the event, you’ll also be able to purchase costumes, Easter baskets, and photos with the Easter Bunny. The event will close at 3pm, but will reopen later that evening for a drive in movie. Your ticket to the event will include access in the morning in addition to one parking space for the drive-in that night.
- This is their inaugural event, so let’s help them make it a successful one! You can purchase tickets through this link.
Miscellaneous Easter Events
Looking to celebrate Easter but aren’t interested in photos with the Easter Bunny or in Easter Egg Hunts? You’re in luck, here’s some suggestions!
- April 2: Cooking Class – Vegan and Gluten Free Easter Desserts
- If you’re struggling to figure out what to cook for Easter, take this cooking class at the Westin in Copley Place in Boston to learn how to make delicious vegan and gluten free desserts that the whole family will love. The class is limited to eight people, and you can buy your ticket here.
- April 15: Easter Wine Tasting
- Reynolds Flowers in Middleboro is hosting an Easter Weekend Wine Tasting from 4-6pm. This is a great opportunity to meet friends in addition to finding a new wine to bring to the Easter table and shop the showroom for decorations or gifts for friends and family. The event is free, but you can register here.
- South Shore Pottery Shop in Abington is also hosting a few events leading up to Easter. Tickets for all of their events can be purchased here.
- April 3: Easter Bingo & Ceramic Egg Painting
- April 13: Decorate Easter Cookies and Alcohol Ink Easter Egg
- April 15: Bunny Butt Canvas at South Shore Pottery Shop
Places to Get Easter Brunch
If you’re still trying to figure out where to get brunch on Easter, check out the places we’ve listed below. Most restaurants will be hosting an Easter Brunch, but these are some hosts that have been specifically advertising Easter brunches – it would definitely be worth checking out if they still have reservations available!
- Easter Brunch at the Beehive in Boston’s South End. Join them for a 2-course prix fixe brunch and live music from 10am-2pm on Easter morning.
- Easter Brunch at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem, MA
- Easter Sunday Grand Dinner Brunch Buffet at White’s in Westport, MA
- Easter Brunch at the Wequassett Inn in Harwich, MA
- Easter at Chatham Bars Inn in Chatham, MA
- Not only will the Chatham Bars Inn be hosting brunch, but they will also be hosting various other Easter themed events such as a Floral Arranging Class on April 14th, a Traditional Ukrainian “pysanky” egg design workshop on Friday, April 15th, Dyeing Easter Eggs with the Easter Bunny on Saturday, April 16th, a Make Your Own Silk Floral Spring Wreath class on Saturday, April 16th, Decorating Your Own Easter Basket on Saturday, April 16th, and an Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt Sunday, April 17. Information for brunch and for all of these events can be found on their website.
We hope this list helps you and your family make the most of the Easter season this year, and if you haven’t already, make sure you vote in the poll on the main page of our website to let us know what your favorite Easter tradition is!